Chronicles of a Platinum Pussy

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. For starters, I didn't go to bed until around 8 am because I had the day off and was really engrossed in this book that I had been reading. I called Danny to wish him a Happy Valentine's Day before I went to bed. Had to leave him a message and then I promptly fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of both my house phone and cell phone ringing. Groggily I answered it, about to flay whoever was at the other end alive. "Happy Valentine's day baby. Guess where I am? Right outside your door," Danny said.

Damn, damn, triple damn. What the hell was he doing here. Remember I had told him that I wasn't that big on Valentine's day and so we should thumb our noses at the institution and just do something special later on in the week? It was supposed to be on Thursday, so having him at my door and me with bleary sleep filled eyes was not in the plan.

I told him I would be there in a sec and headed to the bathroom. Ok, I didn't look as bad as I thought. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, blearily trying to wake up. The cold water helped, but only slightly. I was only wearing a wife beater and some VS panties but I answered the door anyway.

Standing in the sunlight, he looked utterly scrumptious. I gave him a fierce hug as he walked into the door. Even thought I wasn't expecting him, I was glad to see him. He brought me a plant of flowers, not roses, some kind of white blossom that I'm yet to identify. And a card.
Sometimes you have to stop thinking so much and go where your heart takes you...(on the inside) I'm so glad it led me to you.
Sweet. Danny can be sweet when he puts his mind to it. I really was surprised that he had come down to see me in the middle of the work day.

Now I'm not one of those people that wakes up and is bright eyed and bushy tailed. It's a process, I need a few minutes. So I just sat in his lap on the couch and tried to wake up. He kept placing butterfly kisses against my neck and shoulders. It is definitely a sweet moment that I will remember for a while. I was utterly replete. It seemed that all the chaos and drama that seemed to follow us like a cloud was for those few moments melted away.

After I was suitably roused, I headed to my room to get dressed. Yes, I did invite him to come sit on the bed and talk to me. He was talking about his day so far and while I decided what to wear. I slipped on a pair of jeans and a bra and was looking for a shirt when I glanced back at him. He was staring at me with a look in his eye, one that I had never seen on him before.

"What?" "Nothing," he replied. The look was gone, and I don't think I can describe. It was one of utter focus, devotion...almost like, worshippful. Like he was in awe of me. Anyway, I sat on the bed beside him to get him to talk about it... and we ended making out instead. And then some.

After about 3 rounds of loveplay we finally roused ourselves and went into the shower. By the time I was done with him he was defintely smelling all flowery, the blandest scent I could get from my collection was Sweet Pea. We both were in my room again, finding our clothes in their sundry states of disarray and primping in front of the mirror. It was a companionable moment, me teasing him about his hair standing on end while he watched me put lotion on.

We talked about several things, mostly just catching up with each other. Both of us avoided conflicting topics by mutual unspoken consent. When we were finally both groomed for decent society, we headed to....Quizno's. Yes, I know, not the typical romantic spot you would have in mind, but we both love the sandwiches.

Somehow the subject was brought up about his total self-absorption. "Whenever there is an issue, it's always about how it's affecting YOU, how YOU feel, how YOUR life is going in. You rarely stop to look from the outside in and never walk in the other person's shoes," I began.

Danny seemed to be open to the points I was laying on him. "What exactly do you mean?"

"Well, take Shelly for example. When you were telling me how your relationship went down, it was all about how you felt, what you did, how her choices affected you. You didn't look at everything from her perspective and ultimately I think that is what killed your relationship. You are a Cancer...a nurturer and yet moody by nature. However, to really connect with someone, you have to think in more than the little concentric circle that surrounds you."

He really thought about that for a moment and replied "I guess to achieve true closure, I have to complete the circle. That is the only way I can ever forgive her." I nodded in response as he walked me to my door.

Damn, my man can be smart when he wants to be.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I hope it was as romantic as mine

Labels: ,


posted by Platinum Pussy @ 11:05 PM   : : 1 dirty thoughts

Say Something Freaky!

-------------------------------------